Monday, February 2, 2009

Stuff and Things

What a great Super Bowl! I guess I was rooting for Arizona, but I'm not upset by the outcome. I really didn't have a horse in this race. Without any fantasy football implications or betting, football isn't as interesting unless your favorite team is playing.

Today marks the 12 week mark! We go to the doctor in Wednesday, and then we will announce to the world that Brad and Carrie are going to have a kid. Today, I got to wondering about the fret of pregnancy and the worry that additional responsibility brings. You have to go through morning sickness and weight gain, then the pain of delivery, yet couples have been doing it forever. I can only imagine the reward, if it is this much hardship.

When Brad Runs the world:
I think I am going to start going on rants at the end of each post...

Have you ever noticed that most stories of hardship and poverty all have a similar storyline? Somewhere in the story, there is mention of a bunch of kids. This isn't always the story, but often enough to be a concern. Carrie and I dated for almost two years before we were married, and we will be married 2.5 years before we have our first kid. Every decision we make is centered around a kid and our ability to care for it, financially and emotionally. Yet there are others that jump into parenthood or worse yet have un-planned kids. Don't we know by now how to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Once I run the world, people will be steralized at birth and then will have to apply for fertility. The approval process will be very easy and granted in most cases. Married couple, house, job...you get a kid! 15 year old girl...no kid. See how easy it would be for me.

Things that you need a license for:
Driving
Starting a business
Selling food
Selling liquor
having a kid (only when Brad runs the world)

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment