Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 Years

Today is our 2nd anniversary. Where does the time go?

I can clearly remember my friends and family nagging me about, "When are you going to settle down?" This question haunts single people once the turn about 20 or so. I was single until I was 33 so I got to hear it over and over and over (repeat). The answer is simple...now. I was single for 33 years because I had not met Carrie! God allowed me to wait a while before we met, but it was the most worthwile wait of my life.

Yes, two years ago today, Carrie, a few friends and family and I were on the beach in South Padre Island, TX. It was a warm windy day and we got married on a grassy lawn overlooking the beach and the crashing waves....and the bulldozers. I really feel like a small ceremony with a few close friends is the way to go. I wouldn't change anything about that day, except, I would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet Carrie's dad and have him walk her down the isle, but Billy (Carrie's brother) filled in and everything was perfect.

Looking back, I know that I married the perfect girl, not perfect, but perfect for me. Nobody ever fully appreciates the things in their life until they are gone, so I hope I can stop and appreciate her today!

BW

2 comments:

  1. Well said. I wish you many more beautiful years together.

    ReplyDelete