Monday, February 23, 2009

Been A While

I think I knew this blogging thing would be less and less frequent, but here it is!

Carrie is now 15 weeks pregnant. That puts us into the second trimester...whatever that means. I guess someone arbitrarily split pregnancy into thirds. Everyone still loves to say, "I hope you have a girl." I still don't get it. Is a girl a punishment?

I am running and running. I ran 8 miles on Saturday at a 10:12/mile pace. My goal is 10:00 minute miles. I am doing the Cowtown this weekend. (10K). In my head, I'm proud of myself for running and being able to run 8 miles until I heard that my friend's wife, who just gave birth to a baby boy a few months ago, is already out running me...pushing a stroller.

Rant:
I was just reading the scroll at the bottom of the screen on ESPN. I saw that a bunch of the evidence against Barry Bonds was ruled inadmissible for whatever reason. Why would any evidence be inadmissible? In my world, you punish the idiots for breaking the rules of seizing evidence, but it is still pertinent information. I just think that ALL evidence should be considered. All of it! If extra DNA samples help a guy go free, do it! If there is a smoking gun in the trunk of a car that was just used in a murder, get it! If the idiots get the gun without a warrant, then they should be punished, but the gun still was used in a murder! We are so worried that we might step on some one's toes, that we lose sight of the main function of our justice system...Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment