Thursday, February 5, 2009

Girls

Well, I am overwhelmed by the support that I have received about our announcement that Carrie is pregnant. No matter how tough you pretend to be, it is always touching to see how many people care about you.

One common theme was that many people thought that it would be funny if I had a girl. I guess I don't see the comedy. I would love to have a girl. Buddy had three girls, Darrell had three girls, Bryan R. had three girls, Brian H. and Shaun both had girls first (then both had boys next), my neighbor Jason has two small girls and an adopted son. I love little girls. I guess I don't understand the logic that somehow a little girl would be "revenge" or "Karma". I think naturally, boys would relate more to boys and girls to girls, but boy or girl, I am going to love my child. Before anyone wonders, I would be perfectly happy playing with dolls or having tea with a little girl. I would be the first one to decorate a room in pink and put a bow in her hair. If that seems funny to you, then maybe the issue is yours, I will dedicate my life to raising a great kid, girl or boy.

No rant today...Maybe I'll save up some angst for next post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, it's Fogleman. Like everyone else has said, congrats on the baby! As the father of the greatest little girl ever, I understand what you were saying here. Everybody razzed me about "payback with having a little girl" too. But as you can probably tell from my facebook picture, you end up doing things like wearing pink mickey mouse ears at Disneyland, and being happy to do it cause it puts a smile on her face. I can now do ponytails, clothe dolls, pick out the best pink and brown clothing (the only colors she wears - her signature colors I guess) and still have fun through all of it. So whatever you have, it will be fun. The best part is all the toys! You get an excuse to keep acting like a kid all the time! The no sleep thing, well that is tough, but usually doesn't last too long.

    Congrats on the running thing too. I have been really tring to get back to doing 3 or 4 miles a night, but with my travelling it is tough. Keep going. Are you doing the Cowtown? I'm gonna try to just do the 5k, so maybe I'll see you down there. Tell your wife congrats from me. And as long as she gets the epidural, don't worry about the pain. She'll make it ok. I'm really happy for you. Just don't rant like this at the kid.

    ReplyDelete