Friday, February 19, 2010

Stuff and Things

I thought I would scatter shoot a few things today:

1. We got 12 inches of snow last weekend! In my life, I've never seen so much snow, and it was the good stuff. Not too dry where it wouldn't stick together for a snowball or a snow man, but not too wet where you could do damage with the snowball. Right now there are people who are rolling their eyes (12 inches hmmph). I am amazed by these people. Ok, you get more snow, that doesn't diminish our fun in the snow. These are the same people that dismiss your broken finger by telling you that they broke their arm. You know, the one uppers! Screw you, I got 12 inches of snow, it was a lot, and I had fun in it. I don't care that you got 2 feet.

2. We lost power during the snow storm too. I feel like Carrie and I could have toughed it out with no heat, but we had a baby with us and we were willing to keep her in the cold. A good friend opened up his house to two adults, one baby and a dog. When you look back, that's a big favor to ask. Thanks K, you were a good friend!

3. Why do we still have Olympic events that rely on 100% judging. It seems that every Olympics there is a judge who gets paid off, or you have the Eastern Bloc voting, etc. I am calling for the immediate end to all events that rely 100% on some "expert" judging who gets the gold and who gets the silver. Before you go nuts and cry foul, we can figure it out. Skating will just have certain mandatory jumps or twists that have to be done in some sort of order and if so, they get the points, maybe we could set up a few hurdles out there and they would have to jump and spin over and around them. There is a way that we could do it. I just don't like that we rely on human integrity to judge. When you are based solely on the human interpretation, you are way to vulnerable to cheating and inconsistency, at least put some objective measures in. Sorry, synchronized swimming, you are out!

4. Finally, remember the Duke Lacrosse rape case a few years back. You see this poor young pretty black girl accusing these rich, privileged, white guys of rape. Come to find out that it never happened, only after "the public" ruined the reputation of a bunch of young men, coaches and the school. Well, I remember clearly Jesse Jackson and several other civil rights leaders grandstanding on her behalf. Well, she needs your help again now, Jesse. It seems that she threatened and tried to kill someone! She was charged with 1st degree attempted murder, Arson, Assault and battery and a couple more. My guess is that civil rights guys will stay away from this one. She served her purpose for them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment