Monday, February 1, 2010

Point Of No Return

As you may or may not know, I try to be careful with my money. I have a hard time commiting to anything that is expensive. It takes me months to purchase a vehicle or upgrade the house. I always think, "do I really need this now?" Two weeks ago, I went into Sheplers with the intentions of getting some new boots. I tried some on, walked around in them to see how they fit, then I looked at Carrie and said my old boots are good enough. Maybe I can make it through the spring with them.

All that said, I finally plunked down $100 to run the Ft. Worth Cowtown Marathon. That officially means that I am in. I've been verbally commited for a while, but I can always wiggle out of a verbal comitment (see White Rock Marathon).

I'll keep an update of progress. So far, my longest run ever, was Saturday at 17 miles 2/3 of a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment