Sunday, February 28, 2010

Miles 6-13.1

Shortly after mile 8 all of the half marathoners peeled off and the field got very thin. AP and I said so long to our third running partner and we headed further south while he got to turn back north.

At mile nine, I was able to muster the first smile I had in a while. Carrie was on the side of the road holding Emily high on her shoulders. As I approached, Emily was wearing a shirt that said, "Run Daddy Run" - Love, Emily. (how great is my wife, I didn't know she had a sweatshirt made)

Carrie provided us with some Gatorade, jellybeans and some Gu (runners gel). What a welcome site. To be running next to a sweaty man, chasing mostly sweaty men and a few sweaty women, I got to see my wife and baby. That really provided us with a spark. Our pace has slowed at this point, but we are still moving at a decent pace. At 13.1 miles, our time was 2:25 (still on pace!)

Between mile 10-13 something happened. I didn't see him, but I'm pretty sure someone tackled me, and beat the heck out of me. I started getting sore, tired and sick. AP is a warrior and wanted to go, but I was melting down quickly. Without him, I really could have quit at the half way point, but he kept me going.

2nd half updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment