Monday, July 6, 2009

June

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him; The evil that men do lives after them, The good is oft interred with their bones, So let it be with Caesar.

That last sentence is funny to me. This couldn't be LESS true. Think of Michael Jackson. Everyone is remembering the good. The evil that he did seems to have been interred with his bones. (interred-look it up).

The one thing that I drew from all of this is how much people care about other people that they do not know. Why do you care about Michael? My life has changed ZERO because of his death. People are crying and wailing about his death the way they would a family member. Is there a small chance that we are putting stock in the wrong people? Just maybe? I'm not even focusing on his alleged "issues" with little boys. He is just a weird guy that hasn't been relevant in 20 years. Again, he died, and my life wasn't changed a bit. I still have my wife, my dog, my family, my house, my job. etc. Why would I let the death of a guy I listened to in 1986 affect me? Guess what, I'm not.

Grow up everyone. Miss his music, play an album, but tap the breaks on the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment