Monday, July 13, 2009

Choices-All rants today!

I'll paraphrase a famous quote: "life is 1% what happens to you and 99% how you react to it."

I agree with this. Everything comes down to the choices that we make. People like to think that all of the bad things in their life are a result of other peoples actions. There is no self reliance. Fact is, my place in life is a direct result of the choices that I made. Not the government, or the rich, or the poor, or television, ME!

If I grab an umbrella and jump off the roof, it is not Mary Poppins fault. I'm the idiot that jumped. Unless of course Mary pushes me, but then why was I on the roof in the first place? HA, still my fault, unless I was fixing a hole in the roof. Then that is the 1% stuff from the quote.

My concern is when people make a series of bad choices, then expect MY help. We all have the capacity to make the right choice. Many people may be in a better position in life to choose the correct path, but we are all capable of it. My girl Octomom is a great example. In my humble opinion, she made some bad choices along the way, and somehow, my taxes are going to her. If you get the chance, watch 16 and pregnant on MTV. See if you can identify any bad choices in this episode:

16 year old girl (pregnant) and her boyfriend are living with her mom (pregnant), her boyfriend, and the single grandmother in a 2 bedroom house. Any chance there is some bad decision making going on there. 3rd generation illegitimate child! Way to carry on! - see my previous posts on sterilizing girls until they are bright enough to make good choices.

AHH what do I care, fantasy football is coming up, and I can demonstrate my superior decision making skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment