Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Fun

Well another in-law weekend in the books. Normally, I would use these lines to take cheap shots at the in laws, but 1. It's an obvious joke and 2. I really had a good time.

What I don't understand is baby showers. Why do we feel like we have to throw baby showers? and wedding showers? How many times in life do we send out invitations to friends and family knowing that they'll feel obligated to buy a present? Birthdays, graduation (HS, College, Grad School), wedding shower, baby shower. All that said, we are certainly appreciative for all of the gifts, but for me it is awkward accepting them. I guess you just deposit the gifts in a "virtual bank", then withdraw when someone else has a birthday, graduation or shower.

While the women were showering, Carrie's uncle Dean, took me and her cousin Patrick golfing. What a great time! I can easily forget the frustration of my 108 on the golf course (just 46 strokes from the course record) and enjoy spending a great day outside. It didn't hurt that Dean hit a 110 - what a loser.

Got a lot more to say, but I got to keep it short, chances are the folks reading this have trouble with big words and four paragraphs represents a month of reading.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should update your blog...I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete