Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a girl.

Well, just as I predicted, Carrie and I are having a little girl. The first thing we are going to work with her on, is proper lady like behavior! When I asked the sonogram lady how sure she was about our girl, she showed me. "Here is one leg, and here is the other. I'm sure." They were at opposite ends of the screen. Apparently my girl was spread eagle in there. That will be focus #1, no more of that. I will either teach her to properly cross her legs or I will glue them crossed.

Carrie and I are very excited, now we are anxious to hold our little girl, and for goodness sakes, we don't have a name yet. I guess everyone feels like they have to ask the same questions as everyone else. Immediately after we announce that it is a girl, the next question is ALWAYS, "Do you have name picked out?" We've been pretty quick with information, and we will tell everyone when we decide the name. I'm sure by that time, the questions about the nursery will come. I just think that it is funny that almost everyone asks about the name, even the men where I work. What do they care? Most of them have never been to my house or met my wife. Why do they care about the name of my unborn child? They never asked for Carrie's name or my mom's name (also very important women in my life)

Enough baby stuff, I need to brag! Yesterday, I ran 7 miles in 69 minutes 54 seconds. That is a sub 10:00 minute/mile pace for 7 miles! My goal has always been to be able to maintain that pace, and yesterday the wind was strong, which never helps. I'm sure that there are many out there that can better that time, but I would say amongst 240lb. 35 year olds, I'm near the tops!

Check out the poll to the right!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Little girls are wonderful! Good luck with the lady like behavior though.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome Bard!!!! Daddy's little girl. She's going to have you wrapped around her little finger!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete