Monday, January 17, 2011

2011

I looked back at many of my old posts and realize that too many of them begin with comments on how long it has been between posts. No now, I say, forget you, no more apologies. If it takes a while, then so be it.

As I read my last post, I was a contract employee. That has changed. One day the VP showed up on a scheduled visit. He barely said hello, before he had a job offer for me. The money was right and I already know the company, so it was easy. I am still working on that huge project that I started in October, so I got my fingers crossed on that one. If it goes through, it will be a 10 year government contract supporting our military folks overseas.

Shifting Gears

As most people probably know, I am a proud Auburn alum. I live to watch Auburn football. Needless to say, I am on top of the world after the game last week. NATIONAL CHAMPS! I've done a real good job soaking it all in, reading everything and enjoying every second. It was 53 years since the last championship, so I may not live to see the next one, but the good news is this: I GOT TO SEE THIS ONE. THIS YEAR. 2010 PERFECT SEASON!

As many read the previous paragraph, they are already forming an insult directed at Auburn, or Cam Newton. I don't really get these people. They see happiness in others, and instead of sharing the happiness, they try to bring them down. I said recently, that I was on top of the world after the game. The first response I got was, "what are you going to do when they take the national championship away?" What is going on a person's life where they have to be the one to rain on a parade.

Hey look there is a happy person, let's go punch him in the gut and bring him down to our miserable level. Let's go to the women's hospital and talk to the women that just gave birth and tell them how many kids die young! There is no way we can let others enjoy life. Go sit outside a wedding chapel and talk about how many marriages end in divorce, OR you can just be happy.

So once again, forget you, my team one and you can't take that away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment