Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sorry, got interrupted

I last posted at 4:30 on Thursday. As I'm sure you could guess, things really moved after that and I was not able to post anything new. Just a quick timeline:

6:30 - The Doctor came in a said the baby's head was poking through, but she wasn't dilated enough to make it. This made it an easy decision to go to a C-Section. There was sufficient pressure from the contractions to push the baby, but not enough dilation for her to be born.

7:15 - The doctors took Carrie and prepped her for surgery.

7:24 - I walked into the OR and the C-Section began.

7:31 - We heard baby Emily cry!

I don't really know the times of all the rest of the milestones, but most importantly she was born 7:31 on August 13, 2009, and we were discharged from the hospital and returned home Sunday just after noon.

We have the best family and friends. We had an outpouring of support from sooo many people. If you believe in "what comes around, goes around." then Carrie and I will have to turn into Mother Theresa to give back what we have received the past few days. Thanks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment