Monday, March 23, 2009

Brad'sa Buildin'




This week I thought I would take on a nice 'easy' project. As you walk into the house, there is some useless space. I thought I would add a wall unit. I copied this guy's idea. I copied it as much as I could, but I allowed Carrie to get creative with the bench seat. Sorry for the bad angle, there isn't enough room to get a good angle. Maybe you'll just need to come by and see it in person.
I learned a few things:
1. Small finish nails are easily bent - which means thumbs are in danger.
2. Don't use building materials as straight edges.
3. Quarter round is a life saver.
4. The only measurements that are critical are the trim pieces.
5. This house isn't square.
Check out Carrie's blog to get updates on the baby. She does a good job of tracking the kid. Don't get fooled by her use of pronouns. The website that sends us the baby info switches genders each week. We will let you know in two weeks. (did you notice, I posted a picture and two links, I'm getting good at this stuff.)







1 comment:

  1. 6. Measure twice, cut once.
    7. Every project costs twice as much and takes twice as long as you planned.
    8. The speed of completing house projects decrease exponentially with each additional child.
    9. Don't point out the "boo-boos" you were able to cover to your wife - she won't see anything else.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete