Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bloggin??

This is my first attempt at a blog. I can't imagine that I will be very diligent about updating it, but why now chronicle my life?

Currently, my life is being dominated by a tiny human, the size of a lemon or so, and the unpredictable woman carrying it. Carrie and I are having a baby and she's due in August. It is exciting times indeed. I don't know much about kids, but I know one big frustration is one's inability to help them at times. Nothing is more frustrating than a crying baby. You think of everything, food, diaper, burping, etc. but sometimes the little guy is going to cry. A pregnant wife is a good prelude. She feels ill or crampy and there is nothing that I can do to help.

Also, I am running and running. I am up to 5 miles 3 times per week. Not too bad for a 240lb. guy. My neighbor wants me to run a half-marathon with him. at the end of Feb. I can't imagine I will be ready for that long of a run in four weeks, but I'm trying. I went 13 miles last week in three days averaging about 10:10 per mile. My goal is to maintain a 10:00 minute pace for....well as long as I need to go.

Everyone have a good week and I'll look to update when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment